By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up-to-date model of An Atlas of center jap Affairs provides available, concisely written entries at the most crucial present matters within the center East, combining maps with their geopolitical heritage. supplying a transparent context for research of key issues, it contains heritage issues, the location of the center East on this planet and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections protecting the continued significance of the center East, the history, basic issues, the states and the the most important concerns on the topic of the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting foreign concerns and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case reviews and certain research of every nation, whole with suitable facts and key facts.
- Coverage of basic issues, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A complete extra studying part, allowing scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate fresh advancements equivalent to the "Arab Spring," this booklet is a useful advent to undergraduate scholars of political technology and center East reviews and is designed as a prime educating relief for classes concerning the center East within the parts of politics, historical past, geography, economics and army experiences. This e-book can also be a very good reference resource for libraries and an individual drawn to those fields.
Read or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The hot globalization traits have revived a long-standing curiosity in nearby integration within the nations of the center East and North Africa (MENA). regardless of a number of makes an attempt to inspire fiscal integration in MENA some time past few many years, there's extensive consensus that growth has been painstakingly sluggish and the list of monetary integration within the MENA sector mostly beset through failure.
In Mo(ve)ments of Resistance, Grinberg summarizes either his personal paintings and that of alternative political economists, supplying a coherent ancient narrative masking the time from the start of Socialist Zionism (1904) to the Oslo Accords and the neoliberalization of the economic climate (1994–1996). The theoretical method of the ebook combines eventful sociology, course dependency, and institutional political economic climate.
Management in Moments of fact was once written by way of Yom Tov Samia. he's taking his readers into the field,visiting landmarks in his own heritage and within the historical past of Israel. His target is to illuminatemilitary and company management – and his paintings is winning on many degrees. management in Moments of fact is a finished glimpse contained in the global of Generals – on a personal,strategic and interpersonal point.
Victor Eskenazi, a Sephardic Jew from Constantinople, represented an ethnic and non secular minority that thrived within the Ottoman Empire. the start of the 20 th century was once a serious interval in Ottoman heritage, which observed the tip of the Empire, defeat in global battle I but additionally a colorful inflow of effective allied armies and White Russians fleeing the Revolution, contributing to the already cosmopolitan nature of the town.
- Visions of Community in the Post-Roman World: The West, Byzantium and the Islamic World, 300–1100
- Modernity, Islam, and Secularism in Turkey: Bodies, Places, and Time (Public Worlds)
- The Legend of Mar Qardagh: Narrative and Christian Heroism in Late Antique Iraq (Transformation of the Classical Heritage)
- The State of Palestine: A critical analysis
Extra resources for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs
An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs by Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson