By Tom Lansford
Covering wars and conflicts of Afghanistan from the fashionable founding of the rustic within the 1700s to the modern fight with the Taliban, this single-volume reference analyzes the motives and result of Afghanistan's wars and examines prime political and army figures, guns, and tactics.
• presents readers with a radical history at the wars of Afghanistan that permits them to appreciate the effect of previous conflicts on present strife
• permits a extra whole appreciation of the ethnic and spiritual complexities that gas the continuing clash in Afghanistan
• Examines how earlier Afghan conflicts contributed to the increase of terrorism and figures comparable to Osama bin Laden
• offers an obtainable clarification of the "Great online game" for energy and effect by way of imperial Russia and nice Britain within the 1800s and the effect of this contest on Afghanistan
Read Online or Download Afghanistan at War: From the 18th-Century Durrani Dynasty to the 21st Century PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
The hot globalization developments have revived a long-standing curiosity in nearby integration within the international locations of the center East and North Africa (MENA). regardless of various makes an attempt to motivate monetary integration in MENA some time past few many years, there's huge consensus that growth has been painstakingly gradual and the checklist of monetary integration within the MENA quarter principally beset through failure.
In Mo(ve)ments of Resistance, Grinberg summarizes either his personal paintings and that of alternative political economists, supplying a coherent ancient narrative protecting the time from the start of Socialist Zionism (1904) to the Oslo Accords and the neoliberalization of the financial system (1994–1996). The theoretical procedure of the ebook combines eventful sociology, direction dependency, and institutional political economic system.
Management in Moments of fact used to be written by means of Yom Tov Samia. he's taking his readers into the field,visiting landmarks in his own heritage and within the historical past of Israel. His target is to illuminatemilitary and company management – and his paintings is profitable on many degrees. management in Moments of fact is a entire glimpse contained in the global of Generals – on a personal,strategic and interpersonal point.
Victor Eskenazi, a Sephardic Jew from Constantinople, represented an ethnic and spiritual minority that thrived within the Ottoman Empire. the start of the 20th century was once a serious interval in Ottoman background, which observed the top of the Empire, defeat in global battle I but additionally a colorful inflow of successful allied armies and White Russians fleeing the Revolution, contributing to the already cosmopolitan nature of town.
- Global Security Watch—Turkey: A Reference Handbook (Praeger Security International)
- Crusading and Warfare in the Middle Ages: Realities and Representations. Essays in Honour of John France (Crusades - Subsidia)
- The Only Language They Understand: Forcing Compromise in Israel and Palestine
- The Afghanistan Wars: Second Edition (Twentieth Century Wars)
- The Cotton Plantation Remembered: An Egyptian Family Story
- Working Out Egypt: Effendi Masculinity and Subject Formation in Colonial Modernity, 1870–1940
Extra info for Afghanistan at War: From the 18th-Century Durrani Dynasty to the 21st Century
Afghanistan at War: From the 18th-Century Durrani Dynasty to the 21st Century by Tom Lansford